Satellite
  • Day 5

    Night Skyline Boat Tour, South Beach

    October 28, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We always love getting out on the water when traveling to different places. This was particularly nice because it was on a small boat which accommodated just 10 guests. We began at 6:30PM so that we were able to enjoy the Miami skyline as the sun set and the city lit up. We were told had there been more clouds there would’ve been more spectacular colors at sunset, but were not disappointed in the least.

    While it was light we drove by Star Island, also known as Millionaire’s Island, and for good reason. The largest home on the island was owned by the man who was developed “the little blue pill” and sold it to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals. We also saw the house where the interior scene from Scarface,”Say hello to me little friend” was shot.

    Our tour also took us down the Miami River which goes into Brickell/ the heart of cities financial district. Also enjoyed the Intercontinental “Light Dancer.” Every year nearly 3000 dancers compete for this. The winner is projected in the Intercontinental Hotel for the following year.

    Miami has the country's third-tallest skyline with over 300 high-rises, 80 of which stand taller than 400 feet and it is truly spectacular. The buildings are unified by their metal and glass design, but are also very different in design and shape. We saw one in process on the Miami River that, when completed, will resemble a sailing ship. It is truly beautiful and at night, magnificent.
    Read more