Satellite
  • Day 3

    A word about Killarney town

    April 13, 2022 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    We didn't take that many pictures of the town of Killarney itself, but it is well worth losing a few words about it.

    Killarney is a polished small town, tidy and well-kept in contrast to the urban grittiness we had seen both in Dublin and in Cork. One of the first things I noticed was the many four and five star hotels. It seems that it is the base camp not only of backpackers and young adventurers but also a popular vacation destination of the wealthy. Nevertheless, restaurants and pubs were not horribly expensive but very down-to-earth (price of a pint: €4.50 vs €7 in Dublin). It is here that we noticed the first defibrillator booth - something we had never seen before and photographed in touristy wonder.

    We stayed at the Black Sheep Hostel and it is one of the best I've seen. The entire place is pleasantly designed, the vibe was good and they are eco-friendly. We spent the first night in a dorm and the second in the apartment - which only cost us €10 more per person and turned out to be an entire cottage in the organic garden! Apart from the video clip of the shared bathroom in the dorm area, I didn't find the time to take some pictures, so I'm sharing some of the website...
    Read more