Satellite
  • Day 33

    Another city, another sky tower

    November 1, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Left the Mt Fuji area on a bus this morning from the station right next to our accommodation - again a great location picked by Louis.
    After a 2 1/2 hr bus journey we arrived in Tokyo.
    Headed straight to our accommodation on the Metro and checked in - friendly welcome at reception and a nice clean room, pretty hard mattresses though.
    We went for an explore around the local area, Louis tried out a Japanese barber and we headed to another sky tower - we do love a good view!
    As promised great views of the city and some fun little activities on the observation deck. This time we waited to see the sun go down and had a drink looking out and seeing Mt Fuji in the back drop of the city.
    The observation deck also had a sports bar so as time had ticked on we got a beer and started to watch the Wales match. Not the best atmosphere but an exclusive view of the big screen and meant we were able to watch from the start. Shame about the result but lots of love for the Welsh team.
    Headed back towards our hotel through lots of busy streets, lined with many options for food. Decided on a rotating sushi restaurant and tried a few dishes.
    Looks like we’re in an area with lots of girl bars and men on the streets touting for business. Louis takes me to all the best places.
    Now back at the accommodation to get some sleep for another day of sight seeing tomorrow.
    Read more