Satellite
  • Day 53

    An unexpected theme park

    November 21, 2019 in Taiwan ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Packed up in our woody Switzerland style chalet on the edge of Sun Moon Lake. Very nice breakfast of mushroom fruit, sausage and boiled egg.
    The plan was to walk to the cable car and go to the Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village.

    Cable car gave us some fantastic views over the Sun Moon lake. We walked down the hill being treated to an aboriginal dance and music show. Saw how they used to live in stone huts with wooden carvings everywhere. At the bottom of the hill was a theme park. Not what we were expecting, with big rides. Curly, Hannah and I went on one twice which took you 80m up then dropped you. Great fun.
    With almost no one there, we got on and off most of the rides nice and quickly.
    At 4pm we took the cable car back up to the top and down to our town. A quick beer to watch the sunset ove the lake and back to change. After an hour back at the hotel, we thought we would learn our lesson by heading out early for food.
    No such luck with places closing at 6 all over the place.
    One place was almost full so we went in there. Had a set menu for 7 for 5 of us. Lovely food including fried bananas, pepper beef and fish from the Sun Moon Lake. Stuffed! Back for some wine and a 58% bird seed wine to finish the night. Chriiiiiissstt.
    Read more