Satellite
  • Day 56

    Lambai Island. South Side.

    November 24, 2019 in Taiwan ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Started with a breakfast of chips and pancake with meat and veg. Curly couldn't hack it so made it her mission of the day to find fruit and flavoured ice.
    We set off toward a walking path with caves made of coral. Pleasant walk but with sharp pointy rocks. Drove to the East coast for more swimming with turtles. Quite strong tide, so we swam against it and drifted back. Dad found an 'octopus', was in fact a rock...
    Cycled to Black Devils Cave, where some Dutch were killed and their slaves freed to live amongst the rocks.
    Fantastic ice smoothy, and amazingly intricate wooden carvings. From there went to get some salad lunch and onward to the beach below our accommodation. Big swell coming in. Dad and I went out. I did some body surfing with the camera. You needed to line up with the rows of coral to avoid being sliced on the rocks. Cool and fairly sketchy.
    Back for a quick wash up and out to find some dinner.
    We cycled to a DIY BBQ. Loads of food in freezers, where you help yourself and cook it yourself. Almost certainly all got food poisoning now, but we will find out tomorrow 😝. Nice and tasty though, but all fully stuffed!
    Read more