Satellite
  • Day 126

    Wine tour rainy day

    February 2, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    The weather was pretty rainy, so we planned to drive to Cromwell to go wine tasting.
    We started off with Mount Difficulty. Which had some great views, nice Pino Noirs but was not a massive fan of their whites.
    Next we went to Terra Sancta, a very expensive place. All their wines were very tasty. We decided we would all share the cost of a $60 bottle as a special treat to have on the last day of our holiday. The price advertised was apparently only for special members, so it ended up costing $83 (£42) for a bottle. Never spent so much on a bottle ever. Thanks goodness it was decided by 4.
    Then went to a place called Akarua. Pete and Cathers friend worked there, so gave us an extended tasting. Again some very nice wines. Even managed to taste of of their $120 bottles. I didn't like it as much as their $40 wine.

    Then met up with Pete and Cathers friend Jimmy to have a pie at the Black Rabbit.
    Final tasting of the day was at the Wooing tree. A wine we had had a few times since arriving in Wanaka.
    Pete as the designated drive got us home safe and sound.
    Read more