Satellite
  • Day 24

    Johannesberg South Africa

    August 18, 2012 in South Africa ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog-entry/tofo…

    We woke this morning, sad to the prospect of packing and leaving South Africa. It's always sad to see a holiday come to an end, but this time seemed more difficult than ever, just getting comfortable and settling in to Cape Town. South Africa was a beautiful place, but it's here in Cape Town, that we enjoyed our stay the most. It's an awesome and charming city, that has just got under my skin, and it was even more difficult to leave this time, than the last. Even Nat, more than ever before seemed extremely melancholy to leave.

    Packed and checked out, the trip home went extremely smoothly thankfully. Our flight path was first to Johannesberg, clearing customs, flying to Sydney, clearing customs again, and back to Melbourne. The Joburg-Sydney flight was much quicker coming home, being just on 12 hours, rather than over 15. Clearing customs was quick and painless, and I was relieved to bring in 7 bottles of wine, along with a piece of the Drakensberg and my Porcupine Quill.

    The whole trip went smoothly, and as well as could be hoped. It was a pleasure to enjoy with my girlfriend Natalie, and was a few weeks to never forget, with many great memories to treasure forever. I can only look forward to the next adventure, coming in 2013
    Read more