Satellite
  • Day 25

    Mala Nedeljao

    May 4, 2018 in Slovenia ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    Basically have gone off grid here, this is on the northern edge of Slovenia wine territory, and the country side is green lush and beautiful. Starting to see the percentage sign appear on road signs, not something VM (Van Morrison) likes to see. My old Ford was known as rancid before as the T has come of Transit, but I am feeling more comfortable with the vehicle as we knock up the countries. Those of you astute enough to see the sidestep into Slovenia will realise my trip is "bust" There a number of reasons, the simplest is that I have found more to do than I expected in many of my stops, the weather has been phenomenal, so I have not been inclined to rush, and thirdly I have been declined insurance for Macedonia, Albania and Montenegro, all of which I have to pass through on my intended route. Initially I thought I might take a risk and push through these countries, but as I have gone on and the difficulties I have encountered on the roads in some of the more affluent countries I have decided against it this time.Besides I am meeting up with Isabella in Split in two and a half weeks and it would just be a rush now.
    The spa and hot springs at the Bioterme are extremely relaxing and high quality. There is a park just for campervans, which at 8 euros a night is great value as it gives you 30 percent discount on entry. You connect the electricity yourself and pay in coins, 50cents for a kWh, my machine won't take the euros I got in Hungary, but two previous travellers have left credit on their meters...ah-ha not for long. First picture is one of my campmates, and I thought I was the oldest rocker in town. Picture two is quite literally the calm before the storm, and what a beauty it was, continuous lightning strikes for a couple of hours (pity I can't download a video) tropical rain and hailstones. The last two again literally the morning after, don't think I'm going up that road!
    Read more