Satellite
  • Day 29

    Day 26/15 O Porriño to Redondela

    May 29, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Another short day on the Caminho with only 17.21 kms to cover on mostly paved roads. There were a couple of fairly long, steep climbs and short, VERY steep descents, but, overall, it was an easy day on the trail.

    Our 7:30 a.m. start was under clear blue skies and a cool 15 degrees. The route was quite uneventful, except for the fact that there now remain less than 100 kms to walk to Santiago.

    A brief coffee stop at Rua at about the 7km mark was the only break we took today before pushing straight through to our hotel in Redondela.

    Unfortunately, we arrived in the lovely little town of Redondela on Sunday, which means that most businesses are closed and the town appears to be extremely sleepy. We nonetheless found a couple of very nice restaurants for lunch and dinner, as well as a 24 hour grocery store where we bought a couple of bottles of Cava to enjoy on the rooftop deck of our hotel.

    We now have only about 84 kms to travel to our destination and the number of pilgrims we encounter on the trail, and in the cities are growing exponentially. It's hard to imagine how many of us will be in Santiago when we get there.

    I guess we'll soon find out!
    Read more