Satellite
  • Day 42

    Pisa

    May 19, 2017 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Hadn't thought too much about Pisa before heading there to see the Leaning Tower and to be honest didn't think too much about it having been there. Having looked for parking beforehand a few websites had mentioned avoiding certain carparks for fear of thieves and as I am on permanent crimewatch since the bikes were stolen I was feeling wary anyway! When you arrive it does seem pretty dodgy as every corner there's a chap trying to sell you something. At least the Prada bag there may not have cost as much in Milan...

    Went to see the Tower but decided against going inside. The area where the Tower is, with the Baptistry and Duomo - the only three things referred to in the guidebook and I can kinda see why - is immaculate and full of tourists, but otherwise the city appears to be made up of university buildings, tourist shops and restaurants. Altogether we were in and out within about an hour :)

    This did however allow us to get back in time for a swim in the pool, as we have done - in typical Brits on holidays style - everyday. Have attached a picture of the pool and the view.

    Typing this from inside the tent as a massive thunderstorm is raging above us. Onto Rome tomorrow which I think will look even better
    Read more