Satellite
  • Day 86

    Český Krumlov

    July 2, 2017 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Stuart finally saw a bear!! Luckily for me it was safely walled into the moat of a castle and not just hanging around in a Czech Forest..

    We were in Cesky Krumlov, a popular tourist spot due to its beautiful old town with red roofs and its Castle overlooking the town. As you will see from the photos it is quite a sight with the river running through it.

    We wandered around appreciating the architecture that seems to us to be unmistakably Czech, comparing it to other places we have been in Europe so far. Powered by the sugar of the 'trdelník' (see photo) that we ate (definitely not by the worlds smallest panini that we had previously eaten), we then climbed up to the castle grounds. Seeing the sign for "Bear Moat" I thought it must be some historical name but no, there actually was a brown bear in the Moat. As you can see from Stuart's face, he was rather pleased by this.

    You can wander all around the grounds and the beautiful gardens, where I tried and failed to climb a tree.

    We then drove back to the apartment in a sea of Skodas.. which I now know are manufactured here in Czech Republic hence every second person drives one.

    Off to Prague tomorrow x
    Read more