Satellite
  • Day 240

    Hobbiton

    December 3, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Again missing chunks (apologies!) before I run out of data, I move swiftly on to our journey to Middle Earth!

    We met on a bright sunny day with my uncle Peter and his friend Andy. They had been before but we gatecrashed this, their second trip, and what a day to do it. I’ve never seen greener countryside. The place is immaculately kept and the tour was great.

    Finishing off with a feast fit for a hobbit we ate as much as we could before leaving to make our way to Rotorua.

    The only way I can describe it is IT SMELLS.
    So being that I was with three chaps I really thought how rude that one of them was farting away in the company of the nice couple who we were staying with that night. It was only after a while that I connected the smells and remembered that we were in a place famed for its thermal pools..
    Which do stink!

    On advice from the couple we sacked off the suspiciously timed well known geyser (which goes off at 10.15 on the dot each morning ..) and visited the, free,
    park across the road instead. Misty pools and boiling mud, it was quite otherwordly too!

    We then headed to Amaze.me, a circular hedge maze which stuart and Andy quickly beat me to the middle of! Once we had played the supersized games on offer and I had also lost at checkers we went our separate ways.

    Good weather, company and fun!
    Read more