Satellite
  • Day 12

    El Caminito del Loco

    February 5, 2020 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    Oh today.. today it was again, such a day.
    We payed the heavy load of the parking fee and took of into the direction of the famous,
    El Caminito del Rey. As we were almost at our destination, the road was closed due to works.
    So, as satnavs do, it start to sending us back all the time. Hence we shut it down and we followed the old fashioned signs.
    But this sadly is not the strongest point of the Spanish. Or us reading them. But hey. Lets blame the Spanish! So after getting a bit suspicious about the distance we were traveling we stopped at a petrol station, and I ask the friendly man how to get there. My Spanish is wonderfull, so I understood immediately that we were of course. And quite a bit. I felt like Columbus who thought was in China...not... So again we followed our satnav into the wild.
    And wild it got. Little villages, small path, lots of bends and lot of gearing, breaking and steering. The only one who not complained was the old girl.
    (And Nika) ..
    Lieske did a great job. Slow, but very decisive to bring us to any point we want.
    Anyway.
    We arrived. But at the EXIT!..
    The entrance was on the other side of the hill.
    But.. no problem. We parked our lovely car, and took the bus to the entrance. 1.50 A person. And a 20min ride. Of we go!
    ..
    How sadly that we arrived just in time to see the gates close.
    And a ride back. 1.50 each.
    ..
    No El Caminito del Rey for us...
    ..
    We thought about staying the night, and try again in the morning. But as we checked the official site, we were only able to get tickets for Friday. And THAT was a bit late.
    So. One for the bucket list. (Renata?? Are you in?)
    ..
    And now?
    We drove another 100km down to the coast, and enjoy, like all others, the Costa del Sol.
    On a parking with a lot of real campers and us.
    The sea is next to us.
    And it's time for food!


    ..
    Read more