Satellite
  • Day 41

    Guelma and new friends..

    March 5, 2020 in Algeria ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Today we visited some places in and around Guelma.
    Together with Zineddine and Wassim, they are great tourist guides.. ;)
    At first we started with a visit to the Roman Theatre in the city of Guelma. With a nice collection of marbles.
    Also tested the Roman acoustic. What a smart construction!
    After that, we went to an Roman site in the mountains. Called Sellaoua Announa. It was difficult to find, but our guides were luckily on speaking terms with the local people.
    You could ask, you have seen one you have seen them all... but it's always a feeling of a new discovery.
    Especially in Algeria, were you are the only one, walking between these pieces of ancient civilisation(s)..
    As we left, we set of for the next destination, a hidden cave with a underground river, it was so dark, that Zineddine walked into the water. You can imagine what fun we had!
    Bats flying around our head and you could hear the dripping in the lake.
    A magical place.
    But..before we could enter we had to wait. There was police around, and they would certainly ask why we had no escorte.
    We left for the Hamman Debagh.
    But first lunch, were they had a fennik as pet.
    The Hamman was beautiful. Hot water from the volcano, in which we cook two eggs. 10 min. ;)
    Quite funny.
    As the day was not over yet, on our way to an other mountain called, Bouhamdane, we stopped at a lake, to another cave.
    But as we entered, after 30 to 50 metres it went very steep down, and we did not dare to go deeper, with just a 20% power phone light..
    It was asking for problems.
    So we enjoyed just the surrounding and the fact that we are pussies... except Zineddine. He was a dare devil.. (sure!)
    ..
    And.. As we did not went up and down enough, we visited Maouna mountain to see the sunset...
    As you see.. A full program
    Back home a nice shower and a beautiful meal was waiting for us.
    Traditional Charchucha. And even our clothes were washed and sorted!
    Thanks fam. Derbal!
    Tomorrow it is probably Police escorte again to Annaba.
    I am really looking forward...
    ..
    Read more