Satellite
  • Day 52

    Madness of fear.

    March 16, 2020 in Tunisia ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Today we left the beautiful spot on the mountain of Zaghouan.
    The decent was a bit tricky, but we managed.
    Poor Lieske..
    ..
    We visited or better, tried to visit the Hamam in Zriba. But as we arrived it was all closed due to the Corona.
    So we decided to visit the mountain village of Zriba.
    Poor Lieske ...again..
    A deserted town. Only a few inhabitants and lots of ruins. But.. it was worth a visit.
    We split up.
    Patrick and Lisa, the German couple had business to attend, and wanted to go ahead to Kairouan. We would follow later these days.
    So we, Maarten en Janne in their Landcruiser and we in our old lady cruised around.
    Bargou it was going to be. Because of the tales of a Shepard...
    But there was not much to see. And on the quest of a place to sleep, we found a lake.
    Looked nice, but soon, the village came to look at the strangers, and the wind was so hard, it would be insane to stay.
    So we took of again.
    Asked serval farmers, but all sent us away.
    No hospitality there.
    (Oh Algeria...)
    Anyway. In the end, time was running out, we parked at a meadow next to the main road.
    But again, we were sent away. Busy looking people, on their phones..
    A few miles up, a nice patch. We parked, and started coocking. But could not finish. A car, a motorcycle and three man.
    Interedit! Go!
    After a long discussion, we were taken to a distant hotelparking. But soon as we arrived, security did not want us there.
    We refused to go.
    Long story short, as things might get out of hand, we agreed to go home with one of the guys.
    So.. there we are.
    Poor Lieske, again she had to struggle up a steep mountain.
    And it feels like the first gear problem is getting worse. Anyway.
    We are now here. At the parents home of a unknown guy, who, in the end is friendly, so are his parents.
    We finished our meal. And are offered a room in their house which we friendly declined.
    Not the way we dealt with in Algeria, but it just feels a bit strange here.
    So. Tonight in our car, and hopefully tomorrow we just have a normal day. But I am afraid it will not be as we think.
    Tunisia is in the fear of corona, and foreigners are the ones who brought this to them.
    Fear rules the heart.
    ..

    ..
    Read more