Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 185

    Al roads lead to Rome..

    July 27, 2020 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    As the sun rises over italy and reflects in the the Tyrrhenian sea, we receive the wakeup call of the arrival at the harbour of Citavecchia.
    We got up and spent our last tokens on a small breakfast. Just in time to brush our teeth and pack our stuff.
    After a lot of passengers calls, now it's our turn!
    I was a bit worried if the old lady would be able to get up the ramp out of the bow of the ship. But she took the hurdle as a young girl at the playground.
    We were the last to abandon ship. That means the last ones going through Italian police and customs. But they were very interested in Lieske. So we entered Europe without any problem.
    ..
    First stop. Supermarket. What a difference! Loads of products and big as a football field.
    We only need water, fruit, bread and Nutella!
    Now we are ready to go!
    ..
    On our way to Roma.
    ..
    As our Lieske is not welcome in the city of Rome. (Their loss)
    We looked for a campsite near the city centre, from were we can take the bus, train or metro.
    And we found one.
    Stupidly, sleeping in the car is far more expensive than getting an luxury cabin..
    Why? .. nobody knows..funny people those Italians.
    We were set and done around 13.00h but it's to hot to move.
    We waited till 16.30h as we took of to the train station and got into the city Center.
    ..
    As it is/was my birthday today, we finally went for diner and had a lovely evening.
    ..
    Tomorrow...Vatican city, and more of Rome.
    ..
    Let the games begin!
    Read more