Satellite
  • Day 186

    When in Rome....

    July 28, 2020 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    The early bird gets the worm.. so we got up at 6.30. But oh.. it was so difficult to get out of bed.
    Somehow we managed to get out, and after a sober but healthy meal, we took the 08.09 train to Station Roma S.Pietro. and walked up to an almost empty Saint Peter's Square.
    Decided to visit the world largest church, the "Basilica di San Pietro".
    Short: very impressive. Got a ticket for the vault, and stroled around the church's gold.
    ..
    As we thought it would be time to go to the Sistine Chapel, it was sadly sold out. So we bought a ticket for tomorrow.
    We want to see, the work of Michelangelo.
    Nothing more left to do than having a morning coffee, and a walk into the city.
    As first stop, we aim for the Trevi fountain.
    After that, the Pantheon.
    Time for lunch and a walk along the river the Tiber.
    It is a beautiful city. The only downer was/is the hot sun. Luckily we found a shady place were we stayed a small hour to relax and do a little nap.
    We are lucky with less tourists as normal.
    I did not expect Rome to be such a beautiful city. It's quite easy to see that this was the Center of the Roman Empire.
    Walking slowly into the direction of the station Termini. Enjoying the little streets, eating an ice cream, and walk in and out churches and shops.
    Nika needed socks... I bought myself some linen shirts and trousers.
    When in Rome..
    Had a Indian curry and headed "home".
    Shower and bed awaits!
    Tomorrow, it's another's Birthday!!
    Nika turns 19!!
    Read more