Satellite
  • Day 188

    Too hot to handle.

    July 30, 2020 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We had to leave before 10.00.
    As we get into Lieske we immediately missed our airconditined room. ;)
    Today we wanted to get to Grosseto.
    A more than 2 hours drive.
    But First we have to get back from were we came. Citavecchia.
    One thing. Italians can't drive. We can.
    As expected, Lieske behaved like a real lady.
    So we safely arrived... not in Grosetto.
    The heat is really terrible. So we decided to take a look for a place in the shade, and preferably next to water. So ..this place popped up. Found it on a 4x4 camp a night website. And it's ok.
    Not for long, as there are no toilets or showers. But just for the night.
    The idea of standing in this heat some were in the city.....
    About the heat. Maybe we complain too much. But the reason we left in February on this trip, was just about this. We wanted to avoid the heat of summer.
    And now.. to be honest, we had a discussion about just leaving Italy, and go up north. But it does not matter so much. Just a few degrees.
    Its 37° burning sun, and no place to hide.
    You can't do anything from 11.00 till 20.00
    At least.. We can't.
    I will spare you the details of how I look. As I am embarrassing my daughter.
    But I don't care.
    Pictures can be sent by private mail. ;)

    If we survive the night, tomorrow an other 200km to Pisa.
    Want to see that clumsy building.

    Sweaty night!
    Read more