Satellite
  • Day 192

    Firenze in un giorno.

    August 3, 2020 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    As we had spoiled a day by just sleeping, we had to make up.
    So. 5.30 it's decided. Before it gets too hot, and we need to sleep again.. ;)
    Got out and tried to get bus tickets at the reception. Although it a 24/7 receprion, this was not applied to the purchase of bus tickets.
    A bit disappointed, we took of to the bus stop. We will buy at the driver.
    And, just as probably everywhere, it was not possible to buy at the driver, due to Covid.
    So our day started with a 'illegal busride'
    Got out some were in Florence, and walked to the Piazza del Duomo to see the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore. The landmark of Florence.
    We could have visited the bell tower, the church, the Baptisterium and a lot of musea.
    But we did not. We just walked around the city, had coffee, walked some more and had some more coffee.
    Visited Ponte Vecchio and climbed up to Piazalle Michelangelo.
    Had a nap in a quiet park, and a lunch.
    We walked for almost 12 hours. Close to 20km and at least, I was getting tired.
    It's a great city, it's an expensive city, it a a luxurious city. And they know it.
    If you intend to visit the musea, and go shopping with your unlimited credit card, you can easily fill a week.
    Luckily we went early, as the day was progressing it became very busy. Maybe even a bit too busy.
    So we decided had seen enough.
    Thanks, birthplace of the Renaissance.
    We enjoyed our stay.
    Read more