Satellite
  • Day 196

    What is it?

    August 7, 2020 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Yes. We made it to Venice.
    But we had a little stop at Padua.
    I had to. As the real Lieske had taught me an riddle, if I had lost something. And that had everything to do with a strange guy in Padua.
    So we payed him a visit. And as it looks, also the town of Padua is quite nice.
    ..
    We arrived at noon in the suburbs of Venice, were we found another campsite. Booked for three nights, as we thought could use two days for exploring the city.
    But is it a city?
    ..
    We were able to take the bus already in the early afternoon to have a sniff.
    It became more than that, but the real deal was today.
    Strolled around again for more than 12 hours..again, and did a small 20km .
    Saw a lot.
    And as we navigated through the city yesterday, today we had the city play us.
    Just walked around in this maze of small streets who ends in the water.
    But don't you dare to take of your shoes and dip your feet into the salty water... the local police will order you not to. Sadly.
    We had a lunch ..a diner.. a sit in and a "take a look at others".
    And we decided that we do not know what this city is.
    Is it a city or a "open air museum"?
    Is it a city or a themepark? A collection of architectural art droped into the sea.
    A reserve?
    We miss .. at least I miss, the humm of a living city. The sound of life,
    Maybe because there are no cars?
    Or maybe because the real Venetian citizens are hard to find?
    Although it is a city you must visit, and we will just not see it all in two days, -we will not even come close,-
    it does not feel as a city.
    And that's a pity.
    So ...What is it ..
    Maybe we will discover it tomorrow.
    Our last day in Venice, and probably one of the last days in Italy.
    Read more