Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 204

    There is no heaven.

    August 15, 2020 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    ... we did the "heaven for Benz lovers".
    It started a bit lets say.. awkward.
    As, however warned, Nika did not like the fact that I really did drive the old lady up until the main entrance.
    Nika does not like to show of.
    But I do.
    So this "we do this together tour" became a lonely walk in the dark.
    But as things go, in the end....
    So. Now to the museum.
    We really liked it, and I think it's worth a visit.
    Except...
    I missed the cars I came for. Or even hoped.
    .

    It was an exhibition from luxurious and exclusive cars. So I missed the "normal vehicles who made the History of Mercedes Benz .
    I lied if I did not see any W123, but only one 300TD in expo Travel. And a coach an coupe on a trailer in "transport"

    But not any W110, the type as Lieske or even not one!!! W114/W115 the type who saves their ass.
    ..
    Also in the department of "life savers"
    Not one ambulance from the type w110 , w115 or w123. A missed goal.. at least for me.
    ..
    Anyway. We were right in time, going in the morning, as there was quite a row as we looked outside to our Lieske, who got a visit from two Dutch cars.. a range rover and a defender.
    ..
    We stayed for more than 4 hours.
    As we left, we thought it would be nice to go to the Television Tower of Stuttgart..
    (Something like the first concrete tower in the world??)
    Had a coffee and went to the campsite.
    Did not want to go into the city, as the.roads are quite crowdy, many traficlights and... hills !!
    .
    We did a walk into the neighbourhood were we had diner and came home in fear of a thunderstorm. But it just missed us in a mile.
    Now..
    Heading for a place along the Rhine.
    ..
    Read more