Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 207

    Back to my Roots

    August 18, 2020 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Missed us ??
    I can imagine.
    Germany is not really the country you would think about to tell great stories.
    However it is a good country for a long or short break.
    After Stuttgart we did roadtripping Germany. We avoided motorways and took the long way "home"..
    We encountered some beautiful landscapes, however they did resemble the sceneries from my youth, I could enjoy them.
    We started of with a go to the Rhine bank around Mannheim. Camping along the river.
    After this we wanted to see the famous Loreley, and had found a geourges spot on the opposite hillside of this famous rock.
    We camped at a small but beautiful site at Sankt Goar. Reaching it, was quite a struggle for Lieske, as it was engaging first gear and go!
    Our -suppost- last day in Gemany went a bit different.
    As we were heading for a nice spot at the Rursee. We encountered a very, very steep climb. Not to go to the lake, no. That was down.. but going it up the next day!
    So we skipped that site. And looked for another.
    Here is were the trouble started. All sites were full.
    As The Neterlands were only 45km away We decided to go there..
    But also here.. We tried three campsites, and all no vacancies.
    So...
    Only one thing left.
    Back to my roots.
    Simpelveld. It was on our planning. But just a day later.
    As the word was out, my brothers and sisters reached out.
    So we had a nice coffee , a drink, and a really nice diner, all at different places!
    We slept on the parking in front of Jos
    His house. Not, that we were not allowed in, but we want to enjoy Lieske as long as possible.
    Now..

    It's breakfast time!
    On the streets of my birthtown.
    Read more