Satellite
  • Day 368

    Memento mori

    January 26, 2021 in the Netherlands ⋅ 🌧 1 °C

    Post No.100.
    I was always waiting for a good moment to end our trip and have a good use for number hundred. This might be the moment.
    Today, the 26th of January 2020, we left my village of birth in the south of The Netherlands, Simpelveld.
    We did not go there just to say goodbye yo my family, but we went there for a special reason.
    As many of you know, we went there to say goodbye to my brother Jos, who was terminal ill and fighting for his life. The prognosis were very bad. So our goodbye would probably be a final one.
    Jos was my brother, best friend and back-up for almost all my life. Leaving on our trip was a difficult decision. We went with his blessing.

    How our trip went, you might have read this in our post here or on Facebook.

    On the 26th of 2021, my brother died.
    He had to give in and lost this battle. 64 years old.

    Today, Monday the first of February 2021 we had our final goodbye.
    Shed our tears, holded on to our loved ones for comfort.
    All comes to an end. A life. A journey.
    ..
    Salute!

    I want to end with the words of a friend from Algeria, who posted, unknowing of our loss, the following:

    "on te levant le matin, rappelle-toi combien précieux est le privilège de vivre, de respirer, d'être heureux"*

    Marc-Aurèle

    (*When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege  it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.)
    Read more