Satellite
  • Day 121

    Cape Hillsborough

    April 16, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    After the caves, we headed back to the beach where we're staying 3 nights, for the Easter weekend. We wished it wasn't Easter because the camping site was more than full, but seeing the good side of things we felt like we had come to the right place if so many locals had come here as well. It was quite a spectacular little place for many reasons, and the best of them was that we were right on the beach. The beach is so flat that the tide difference between low and high is huge which allows people to have activities in the sea like paddling, swimming and surfing during high tide and sand activities like rounders, cricket or molky during low tide.

    As we are on the East Coast we get the sunrise and moonrise on the beach and this spot is extra special as there are some Kangaroos and Wallabys that also turn up at sunrise for a morning feed and dip. The 'roos were hand reared before being released in the wild so they are a little more comfortable around humans but the Wallabys were completely wild and a little more jumpy.

    The campsite is next to a national park so we were surrounded by untouched forests and Mangroves, save for the walking paths which we took great advantage of.

    The only downside was maybe the sandflies. We have been bitten a lot! So itchy!! But all in all a great Easter beach weekend.
    Read more