Satellite
  • Day 141

    Surfers Paradise

    May 6, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 24 °C

    We have left the Rainforest and headed south to the Goldcoast, unfortunately we brought the Rain south with us 🌧️

    The Goldcoast is a series of towns all set along a 40km of stretch of golden sandy beach. They decided back in the '80s to rebrand as one large city, a narrow strip about a mile wide running the entire length of the beach. Over the years it has transformed into a Mecca for beach holiday goers looking for an exhilarating good time. High rise hotels, an abundance of restaurants, jetski rentals, sky diving and even a few night clubs, this place has it all and makes it the busiest place we have been to in quite a while.

    Luckily for us we were scheduled for an unseasonally massive storm, so we headed up the tallest residential building in the southern hemisphere (a very specific accolade) to get a bird eye view of the coast and then on to the local mini golf for some indoor entertainment, the mini golf was actually really good, every hole had a different theme, everything from Sharks toTetris, Simpsons to Roulette and a whole lot in between.

    The storm never fully materialised so we did manage to spend a day walking up the beach, we made it 10km before we started getting hungry and had to turn around to find a restaurant. There was a big Reggae festival on so we got to enjoy some good music while we headed back ,passing the huge Sea World resort, one of the many theme parks located in the Goldcoast, unfortunately as its low season most of the best rides are undergoing maintenance so we gave them a miss.

    There is certainly a lot going on in the city, a real change from the stops we've done in North Queensland and we enjoyed nice cocktails and Mexican cuisine before heading inland for some more walking in the forest.
    Read more