Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 149

    Sydney

    May 14, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Last but not least, we visited Sydney! We both have already been here, one remembers it better than the other 😊
    This is also the occasion to meet our friends again and another friend from London. Fancy dinners are back on the menu!

    Maybe because it was raining a lot the first day, Sydney reminded us a bit of London. It is a lot more pedestrian friendly than other towns in Australia so we enjoyed walking around and hitting the museums to get away from the rain.

    Once the sun showed up, Sydney became a really cool city. There is the harbour area of course with the Opera house but also little squares that are great little spots to chill and have a meal or drink. We went on a ferry ride to Manly to discover a nice beach and esplanade. It was very busy with people, walking, running swimming, surfing, snorkeling and even diving, seems like all the activities happen around the beach here.

    A trip to Sydney wouldn't be complete without checking out Bondi Beach, it's got to be one of the most famous beaches in the world? We did the wonderful Coogee to Bondi Coastal walk , despite being very busy, it was very pleasant, but a little chilly, we chickened out of going for a swim. We were happy enough enjoying the view of the surfers doing their thing. A really great way to end our time in Australia. Now across the Pacific to find the sun again, hopefully.
    Read more