Satellite
  • Day 158

    The City of Angels

    May 23, 2022 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Our trip to LA started with something that didn't happen for two years for us... Masks were optional on our flight! How crazy is that?? COVID is not all forgotten in LA though, still need to wear a mask in transport.
    We arrived in the mainland US in this massive megalopolis. Most of the places have only 1 or 2 story high buildings which explains why it is so spread out. It is difficult to know which neighborhoods are worth a visit between the billion dollar houses of stars (that are not our interest) and the unsafe neighborhoods (that are close to cheap accommodation...) It seems that there are two extreme different ways of life in LA.
    In our two days downtown we managed to find our liking in a nice walk to Griffith park. A very popular walk on Sunday which is good as it gave us the encouragement we needed to make it to the top of this steep uphill walk. The view at the top is great and we learnt so much about stars like... Sirius and the sun 🤭
    The next day we escaped real life and went for a full day at Universal Hollywood Studios park which we enjoyed very much! All the rides are themed, everything from Harry Potter, The Simpsons, Jurassic park to the Minion. Everything was well thought of, they had a whole Hugsmeasd village which was very impressive.

    After another night of dodging the homeless in downtown town LA we decided to escape the city a bit and find some Beach, off to The OC, Newport Beach. Armelles good friend was in town for 2 days so we jumped at the opportunity to talk to someone that wasn't us for a change, it was great 🤭. Newport is a little more upmarket with a very nice beach promenade and all the fixing you would expect in a nice neighborhood, we did like the locals and went to one of their very many escape room. Despite Elsa being very jetlagged we puzzled our way through and managed to make it out alive. Good fun.
    Read more