Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 220

    The Adventures of Marley

    July 24, 2022 in Costa Rica ⋅ 🌧 26 °C

    We were walking to the beach and the goodest of boys decided to follow us. It's only about half a km to the beach so we assumed he would escort us then and then run off. How wrong we were. The beach is technically a national park so you have to pay to enter and it warns strictly no pets allowed. Our good boy was apparently aware of this and ducked in a side entrance without the guard seeing him.

    We walked a solid 3km down the beach and had to cross two rivers that we're waist deep, our chaperone followed close by the whole way swimming very close to James when the water got to deep for him to run. One of the local boat captains noticed him and told us his name is Marley and he belongs to the hostel we are staying at, explains why he was hanging around outside. Apparently he goes on adventures quite often. We sat down on the sand to enjoy the view and Marley stayed close by, he went to scare some crabs and scavenge some food from the locals having a picnic near by.

    We eventually got hungry and headed up into town to get some lunch and Marley figured he had nothing better to do so came with. A few more locals at the café knew the owner and gave him a call to tell him where his dog was, the owner was non plused and didn't have time to come get him so looks like we will be keeping him the whole day.😍

    After lunch Marley found a new friend, who had some unwelcome affection towards Marley, a few barks put him off the sent though. Despite not being fully satisfied with the relationship he decided to tag along as well. Now we have 2 dogs! We decided to call him Bob. With Bob and Marley in tow we thought we should probably take Marley home before we end up with a whole pack of dogs. We got him back safe and sound and he was happy to be home, but his new friend Bob wasn't welcome and was sent on his way. All in all Marley stayed with us for 5 hours, we hope we have him an unforgettable adventure.
    Read more