Satellite
  • Day 3

    Lonavala

    December 24, 2017 in India ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Anubhab turned to us, "Don't worry my boys, sleep early, I will wake you up at 3"

    Were the last words I heard before the alarm woke me up at 3:30am and I sat up to see Anubhab splayed out and snoring and Ankur snoring on the floor mattress. After kicking both up and readying we were off at 4am, riding on the chilly Mumbai Pune highway on our rented scooties.

    Frozen to the bone, we stopped at every bonfire at the side of the highway. And there were a lot of them. Quite a lot of travelers had ventured out at night, for the love of travelling. I remember gawking at the number of Harleys and Ducatis riding alongside us.

    First on the stop was Khandala, which we reached at sunrise. And let me tell you, there are few joys comparable to sipping a hot cuppa coffee atop a mountain, basking in the glow of a bonfire.
    The sun was completely up when we reached our second destination of Lonavala, Lion's Viewpoint, where Anubhab helped me with my first vlogging experience. It was a beautiful chasm spread out before me with clouds swirling in it. Breathtakingly beautiful.
    The sun has reached it's mid-journey as we wove our way downhill from Lonavala peak to Pawna Lake. The amazing roads and clear skies exalted our spirits. My photography suffered because of my over-enthusiasm for videography. And it is truly wonderful to record your memories on video. What can I say? I love a vlogging diary as much as blogging one.
    It's not possible to describe these places in just a few lines or pictures. I hope to do more visiting in the upcoming days. Pune is definitely one of the best places in India for a trip. Especially a motor-biking trip.
    Read more