Satellite
  • Day 66

    Dinner with the pelicans

    November 12, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    This morning, we took a little longer to get on the road as we enjoyed the lagune as long as we could. We then cycled to Santa Rosalia, a town on the seaside of Baja California. The landscape got more interesting again once we got closer to the sea, somewhat mountainous with canyons. In Santa Rosalia, we just stopped for lunch and filled up our supplies. The town itself didn't look too appealing to visit.
    So we headed for a beachside campground another 16km South. When we wanted to turn onto a dirt road leading to the campground, Myron and Marilyn stopped their jeep right next to us. They had a trailer parking next to the sea and offered us to stay in it. We thankfully accepted the offer and enjoyed a bit of luxury with an amazing view and a shower in the trailer. Over dinner, we watched the pelicans landing head first in the water and the cat climbing on our bicycles. After dinner, Myron and Marilyn took us to their friends' place. David and Martha live in a very cute RV, all painted in bright colors (Martha's work) and decorated in fish bones and shells which David has either found or traded with the locals here.
    Read more