Satellite
  • Day 87

    300% humidity

    December 3, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Again, a day with what feels like 300% humidity. Our bags were wet even though it didn't rain. But also another day of green hills and not too much traffic. We passed a huge coconut and banana plantation that was guarded by a small plane flying over it in circles.
    By about lunchtime, we reached the Northern beaches of Manzanillo and stopped for a coconut. From there, it was only another hour to the center. Manzanillo is a harbor town and not particularly beautiful. However, when we got out of our hotel after having cooked dinner, we were quite surprised: so many people on the streets, many of them dressed in traditional clothes. Plus, the Plaza Principal was full of food stalls. We walked around for a bit, watched people playing something like bingo just with pictures and kids posing on horses for Christmas card photos. Then, a parade started and we saw people dancing and playing music. It's actually a festive season here right now: on 12th December, Mexicans celebrate the day of the Virgen de Guadeloupe. And as Mexicans like to celebrate, they already start celebrating on 1st of December and have dances and music every night til the 12th. So let's see what else we can see in the next days.
    Read more