Satellite
  • Day 110

    100km of climbing

    December 26, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    We got up really early as we had a long and tough day ahead of us. This enabled us to watch the sunrise as the Huatulco sign - totally planned (NOT)... The route was tough from the beginning and started with lots of steep rolling. We passed some nice and clean looking rivers. Although they looked tempting for a swim, we didn't have time for a longer stop unfortunately. At some stage, we completed the first 100.000m of climbing on our trip - so 100km vertical. We had originally calculated with about 250.000m for the whole trip. Pretty sure we'll have to climb more than that 😯 we also realized that our bike computer is no made for this kind of tour. It is limited to 5 digits, so jumped back to 0 after 99.999m...
    The road kept rolling for the rest of the day until we got to Salina Cruz. 30km before our destination, headwinds came on top. We also had to fill up water twice during the day, as it was so hot. So when we finally reached a small hotel after 148km and 1697m elevation gain, we were totally tired. A quick tour to the market where we bought as much food as we could carry to fill up calories - and back to the hotel for dinner. Time to sleep now!
    Read more