Satellite
  • Day 153

    Dream beaches

    February 7, 2020 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Beach day today! As Alex left early to film some surfers with his drone, we decided to leave the house with him at 5:45am and have breakfast at the beach to watch the surfers.
    We continued on highway 27, a very busy road with only a limited shoulder, quite scary! And unfortunately no backroad to avoid it. After about 30km, we turned onto the coastal road. Still lots of traffic, but not as bad and more stretches with a shoulder. You can also tell Costa Rica is wealthier than the other Central American countries, we saw more Porsche cars today than in the last 3 months in total.
    We passed some great landscape and nature though: beaches, rainforest, a river with crocodiles in it and even saw a couple of red aras in the trees (unfortunately too high up for a decent photo).
    In Jacó, we stopped to get something to drink. It's a famous holiday town with a nice beach, but also some big hotels. We decided to continue to Esterillos beach in order to go for a swim. Here, we found paradise! A remote beach, only a couple of small hotels hidden in the palmtrees, no people, smooth waves, crystal clear water... We spent some hours to relax and swim. We also met Julio and his family who shared some of their delicious ceviche with us.
    It was hard to leave this perfect beach, but we had to cycle another 20km in order to get to Parrita where we are staying the night.
    Read more