Satellite
  • Day 52

    The End

    March 19, 2020 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    This is the last textual entry to my blog of my wonderful journey to New Zealand and Australia. Since the late morning I have been back in Koblenz. The flight from Abu Dhabi to Frankfurt was good. I watched two movies (Le Mans 1966 and Frozen 2) and slept a little bit. In Frankfurt there were no special checks because of the virus; just non-EU citizens were separated from EU-citizens at the border control. I had to wait very long (90 minutes or so) for my luggage, but the most important thing is that I've made it to Germany! The trains from Frankfurt to Mainz as well as from Mainz to Koblenz were pretty empty. Back home in my flat, I was pretty tired and slept the better part of the afternoon.

    My amazing journey is over. It has been seven weeks of great adventures and amazing places. I am glad and thankful for all the experiences I could make. The memories will last for a long time. The end was not as expected, but in this global crisis it was the right decision to return home a few days earlier. Let's hope and do everything for that we gonna win the fight against this awful virus!

    P. S.: Probably, I am going to share a few more photos, that I did not have access to on my mobile phone during my journey, in some more footprints within the next days or weeks. So have a look from time to time if you are interested😊
    Read more