Satellite
  • Day 80

    Hua Hin, Thailand

    August 1, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    Andreas and I enjoyed visiting the coastal city of Hua Hin wjere we stayed at a hostel that reminded me of Harry Potter (possibly because I am currently re-reading the Harry Potter series). We rented a scooter for the duration of our stay and used it to explore the city and the surrounding areas.

    One day we rode the scooter an hour each way to see a giant waterfall. However, when we arrived with numb butts we realized that the waterfall was closed with a flash flood warning. We didn't mind as we went for a swim with the locals in the river and enjoyed the hundreds of butterflies fluttering around. The next day, we rode an hour each way in the other direction to a national park. There we hiked along the coast to breathtaking caves. The caves were around 150m tall filled with hundreds of stalactites and stalagmites. One of these caves even housed a Buddhist temple!

    One evening we explored the Cicada market. They had many delicious food stalls, as well as about 100 craft, clothes, and art markets. I found something I wanted to buy in just about every market, however I exercised self-control and only bought a beautiful navy blue scarf with gold embroidered feathers. I will be mailing this home! Just pretend that we bought you all presents there :)

    Next stop Bangkok, where we meet up with our New Zealand friends Paul and Arnetia!
    Read more