Satellite
  • Day 266

    Verbier, Switzerland

    February 3, 2018 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ -2 °C

    Friends we made in Vietnam, Eddy and Inga, work at the famous Swiss ski resort, Verbier. They invited us to come stay in the lodging above the bar they are working at so we jumped at the offer. Our Australian friend Adam is working in England so he joined us for a weekend of snowboarding and fun. When we arrived, Andreas and I were both blown away by the quaint beauty of this snowy village among the Swiss alps. The first night we went out to ‘Apre Ski,’ basically drinks after a hard day of skiing. We danced the night away to a band in a packed bar and were glad to have our snow jackets as the done thing is to spray your beer over the crowd (no idea why).

    We woke up to a snow storm so we decided to go sledding. Now this isn’t ordinary sledding. You take the gondola up and sled down a 40 min run similar to a ski slope. It gets wild! This is unfortunately why I had my accident and hurt my knee. However, I think it was worth it because the run before I injured myself I told Andreas “my happiness levels are maxed out!” On the positive, I got to ride down in a medic toboggan and on a snow mobile. Diagnosis: partially torn MCL, stretched ACL, and bruised bone. I have to wear a hinged brace for a while and then it should be ok.

    Andreas, Adam, and Eddy went up snowboarding the next two days. I was jealous as it was blue bird skies with perfect powder. Needless to say, they had an awesome time. I still rode the gondola all the way to the top, drank hot chocolate, and threw a few snowballs. Verbier kicked my butt physically but it was still a weekend we will always remember. We will be back for you Verbier!!
    Read more