Here you’ll find travel reports about Seine-et-Marne. Discover travel destinations in France of travelers writing a travel blog on FindPenguins.

119 travelers at this place:

  • Day45

    GAHS: And the stresses of travelling and the long journey back to reality intensified early this morning!  😬

    The Uber driver who brought us to our room after our Douro River Excursion yesterday suggested we best leave for the airport by 9:30am (even though our flight was not until 1:30pm).  He contended that we needed to allow time for traffic jams and accidents and other delays that tend to tie up traffic here. Like he said "You never know ... and you don't want to miss your plane." Given that our 10 minute ride to the boat launch took us 30 minutes yesterday, we took our driver's suggestion seriously and I ordered an Uber to arrive between 9:20 - 9:35am. My anxious mind really likes it when I am on top of things like that ... 😉

    GROANS: Since we had arrived back to our room very late last night from our River Cruise, we had not eaten anything except for the very nice lunch they had fed us at NOON! So, by 9:00am this morning we had eaten nothing at all since then ... other than the bag of chips on the boat and a half eaten tube of Pringles Potato Chips that we had left over in the room! This wouldn't normally present a problem but our Airbnb is in a residential area and food service is very scarce. In fact, this might be the third or forth time we had Pringles for supper in Spain/Portugal. 🙃

    GULPS: It occurred to my anxious mind that if we didn't get something to eat before we got into the Uber this morning that it could be 24 hours before we eat anything substantial!! 😟

    GOSH: The only place we could think of was a little cafe in the shopping mall about 10 minutes walk away. We worried, however, that it might not be open early enough for us to get packed up and get there and get back before 9:15am.  But ... it was our only choice!! 

    GRATITUDES: Fortunately... it was open!  We got got two large coffees ... which were the size of thimbles ... and three sandwiches "to take away".  We hurried back to our place to eat quickly (on our little deck one last time!) and then hustled down to wait for our Uber. We positioned ourselves in full view in front of our building so he would easily see us upon arrival.

    GROANS: It showed that " Renaud" was one minute away ... so all seemed well.  But then ... it looked like he wasn't moving anymore.  Was he stuck in traffic??  We weren't sure ... but then ... Uber was telling us to meet the driver.  We were standing in clear view ... with all our bags ... but couldn't see him.  what the heck?? Finally John looked way down the street and noticed a car with his emergency flashers on.  We grabbed all our stuff as quickly as possible to run down to where he was waiting. And I could see from his license plate that it was our Uber!

    GROWLS: Just as we got to the car... he started pulling away.  And then ... I was notified by Uber that our ride had been cancelled!!! What??? We were right beside the car!

    GAHS: It was only about 9:25am ... but Renaud thought he'd been stood up and was already leaving.  He asked me to just call him back.  I don't know Uber well enough to do THAT ... so I just requested the ride again. 🙄

    GOOD GOLLY: But Renaud was too slow to respond and that is how we ended up with Jorge as our driver instead. I apologized to Renaud for the mix up ... but it was probably a blessing in disguise because Jorge spoke English very well ... and ... drove at sensible and sane speeds.

    GEEZE:  So guess what? No real congested traffic this morning. We arrived at the airport by 10:00am ... for our 1:30pm flight!!  😒

    GRRRRRR: I had not checked in online because we had bags to check and I didn't have access to a printer ... and ... I didn't know if the Transavia airline offered e-tickets or not. I thought it would be easier up to just do it all at once ... but no.  No one was at our ticket counter. There was a sign directing people to check in online.  So there I stood ... right in front of the ticket counter, using up my data ... checking-in on my phone. It did, however, offer to give me an e-ticket to download and save on my phone.  So ... I did that. 

    GARGANTUAN GRRRRRRS: BUT ... do you think I could find where my phone put the tickets!!  Without downloading the Transavia Airlines App (which I doubted I'd ever need again!) the link in my downloads wouldn't work.  So I saved the boarding passes to memos ... hoping their scanners could read the condensed version of the barcode. Or, better yet, that they would print out boarding passes when we dropped our bags.

    GRUMPIES: And well ... with that ... we found our way down to the arrivals level to the only place to sit and have a coffee on this side of security.  I was cranky pants extraordinaire... so ... the old boy went off in search of a bigger coffee.

    GIFTS:: He came back with two soup sized terrines filled with cappuccino. I broke out laughing ... and ... he argued we did several hours to kill. Which was true ........................🙄

    GRIMACES:  And the saddest part of it all is that the flight we were catching wasn't taking us home.  It was taking us back to Paris so we could catch another flight home tomorrow from there.  We had presumed it best to choose our outbound flight home from a central destination because we didn't know for sure where we would be when it was time to come home.  We were regretting that we had not chosen Lisbon  ... but ... I guess it's the price we must pay for the flexibility we wanted. 

    GRIMACES: We took the 2 hour flight with Transavia from Porto to Paris ... and then ... spent almost 1.5 hours with Uber just getting across the City of Love and Lights (during rush hour) from the Orly airport to our hotel ... which is cleverly situated right next to the airport we fly out of tomorrow. And so ... another $69.45€ .. and no food or snacks or drinks provided! We were sure wishing our go-cup had been full! 😉

    GASPS: And then ... we arrived in a hotel like we have never ever before seen!!  It comes with an IPAD that controls everything from the blinds ... to projector that screens the TV onto the wall ... to the colors of the lights over the clear round shower that is prominently positioned in the middle of the room.  I have been seriously pondering what color lighting will be the most flattering for a wet 60 year old?? Fuschia? Lime? Periwinkle? Citron? The possibilities are endless!!😂

    GRINS: The old boy is having such fun playing with all the electronic controls!! It's fun for me to watch him delight in all his discoveries!

    GRATITUDES: We are here ... sipping Duty Free wine in our techno-room ... and heading out for dinner before 9:00pm. We are in the air with Westjet for over 13 hours tomorrow ... but for tonight ... we are content.

    Sending love .... k&j
    Read more

  • Day19

    JETZT geht UNSERE Weltreise erst so richtig los! 😍🌍 Endlich können wir das Abenteuer am 3. April 2018 gemeinsam starten. Nach 2 Wochen des Vermissens sehen wir uns am Flughafen der Stadt der Liebe :) im Café „Paul“ bei einem Pain au Chocolat wieder. 🇫🇷 Seb hat die Anreise aus Brüssel 🇹🇩 trotz des Streiks der Franzosen (wie könnts auch anders sein) überstanden und unser Flieger geht nach etwas Bangen zum Glück auch los - anders als so manch andere französische Airline. 😅
    Seb berichtet von seinen traumhaften Kite Sessions in Dakhla 🇲🇦 und schliesst noch 5 vor 12 (wie immer) letzte versicherungstechnische Dinge für die Weltreise ab. Maggi verschickt ihre letzten Business Emails bis sie persönlich in den Flieger gebeten wird.

    Die letzten Tage vor der Abreise waren anstrengend. Seb musste seine Wohnung freiräumen und hatte sich in der letzten Nacht vor Abflug auch noch um 3h nachts aus seiner Wohnung ausgesperrt; Gott sei Dank half ein Kleiderbügel ausm Keller um die Tür wieder aufzubrechen. 🚷 Maggi hatte die letzten Tage vor Abflug mit ihren Eltern in Zürich verbracht und musste auch noch die letzte Nacht durchmachen, um alles auf den letzten Drücker (da haben sich halt 2 gefunden) bzgl. Wohnungsuntervermietung und Arbeit/Projekt abzuschliessen.
    Doch nun heisst es für uns beide endlich zurücklehnen (s. Bild von Maggi) und es kann losgehen!

    Spät abends auf La Martinique angekommen, bekamen wir unsere Bootseinweisung vom Eigner Pierre Xavier (PX) bei gefühlten 50 Grad und 1000% Luftfeuchtigkeit - Pierres T-Shirt konnte man nach der Einweisung auswringen. Unsere erste Nacht auf unserer Segelyacht „Itsas Mendi“ (Jeanneaux Sun Odyssey 36i) folgte nach einer langen, erfolglose Wassersuche am Hafen, die mit einem Einkauf im Casino endete. Ab ins Bett, denn die Martiniquais leben mit der Sonne von 6-18h. 🇲🇶 ⚓️ 🤗 😴
    Read more

  • Day1


    August 25 in France

    Zumindest der Flughafen 😏.
    Das war schonmal das Probelaufen für den März! Wir brauchen 15-20 Minuten mit Passkontrolle, um zu den internationalen Gates zu kommen. Also auch für unseren Karibiktörn in der Umsteigezeit zu schaffen.
    Heute haben wir drei Stunden Zeit dafür und mit dem nächsten Flug sind wir schon nach 10 Stunden 😳 auch am Ziel.
    In den letzten Wochen wurden unsere Flüge immer wieder verändert. Letztlich kommen wir nun leider erst Mitternacht (Ortszeit) auf Mahe an und fliegen unseren Rückflug einen Tag später als ursprünglich geplant nach Hause.
    Übrigens beträgt die Zeitverschiebung zu Deutschland nur +2 Stunden - kein Jetlag 👍.
    Read more

  • Day127


    August 29 in France

    Wir besuchen ein kleines Mittelalterdorf das UNESCO Weltkulturerbe ist. Nach einem kurzen Spaziergang, dem Wetter geschuldet, und dem Blick auf den Wetterbericht beschließen wir spontan ein paar Tage früher nach Hause zu fahren und meine Eltern zu überraschen.

  • Day1

    Fountainebleau - First Day

    October 9, 2017 in France

    So today was our first day back in Fontainebleau. To get started we decided to try a blue Parcours in the Diplodocus area (Trois Pignons). We’re glad to have both been able to pull a 6a and 6a+ today after we both had a two week break due to world trip planning :-)

  • Day4

    Fontainebleau - Another day climbing

    October 12, 2017 in France

    We had another great day bouldering today! Weather has improved further and we’ve spent the day in the shades of the trees in Bois Rond with our friends Jasmin & Stefan, their son Julian and their dog Kira.
    We tested ourselves on a great boulder (“Quille” 6b+) but will have to return to finish it. On the way back we collected a few chestnuts which we’re adding to our dinner menu :-)

  • Day13

    Last days in Bleau

    October 21, 2017 in France

    We finished our great visit to Fontainebleau with two areas - 91.1/Cul du Chien and Rocher Saint Germain. We were lucky: the rain held off until the day of our departure and we even managed to climb our most difficult problem on the last day, allowing us to leave Bleau on a high :-)

    This visit to Fontainebleau was a great start to our world trip - it really felt like a leisurely holiday, with the luxury of spending two weeks in the forest, visiting new areas and trying out problems. Some days we pursued circuits (many problems in one day), on other days we focussed on one or two difficult (or just interesting) problems that we wanted to climb. We also used our rest days to prepare for Iceland and do some final equipment shopping in the local shops.

    We will return to Fontainebleau - and hopefully stay again with our great hosts in Perthes :-)
    Read more

  • Day1

    On y va!

    August 15 in France

    Nach zwei kurzen Stunden Schlaf sind wir heute um 2.30h nachts in Richtung Zürich aufgebrochen. Von dort aus durfte ich meinen ersten Flug erleben, welcher allerdings gefühlt nach ein paar Minuten mit schönen Blicken auf die schweizer Gletscher auch schnell wieder vorbei war! Mittlerweile befinden wir uns seit fünf Stunden hier am Flughafen Charles-de-Gaulle in Paris und warten darauf, dass wir an Bord dürfen. Langeweile macht kreativ, also haben wir uns die Zeit u.a. mit lustigen Fahrten in Gepäckwägen durch das gesamte Terminal vertrieben. Aber gleich geht's los und wir können endlich ins Flugzeug steigen. Nach zehn Stunden werden wir dann hoffentlich sicher in Havanna um 20.00h Ortszeit landen!Read more

  • Day9

    And so .... back to Paris

    June 21, 2017 in France

    Second breakfast watching the funicular go up and down and then re-packing and check out of Hotel du Theatre. And .... my goodness was it hot at only 10 am! Almost up to 30 degrees I'm sure but, time to waste so a coffee, and tea for Ted, was in order watching the world, or more correctly, the trams go by from the cafe outside the HBF. Then platform 15 for the 11.34 to Paris, Gare de Lyon. A little disappointed with our seat reservation which had a very small amount of window and a large amount of wall, not good for the view. Intrepidly, we decided to go back a row as these did not have the red reserved sticker on. We further decided to then move the red reserved sticker to our new seats so that the originals were then free for poor fools who had obviously not had the forethought to make a reservation. This seemed to have gone well until a pushy American couple got on at Basel and said our seats were theirs! What could we do as there were the red reserved tickets on them .......! Fortunately for us, the "poor fools" who had been sitting in our original seats had got off at Basel so we were able to retake our original seats, although the American couple obviously thought we were "poor fools"!!!!!! I must say I was also disappointed with the TGV buffet which is not well set out and nothing very appetising on sale. I ended up having a glass of wine (standard!), a bag of honey roasted peanuts and a piece of fruit cake. Not a patch on OBB's Munich to Zurich run. Arrival into Gare de Lyon was like getting into an oven .... it was baking!! We took a taxi to Horel Le Mareuil. The room is lovely-standard but modern, colourful and blissfully cool! In fact, I almost felt too cold! We walked to Place de la Republique which is not a place I have been to before, as far as I can remember. We ate in the Cafe de Republique and the whole place was buzzing. Lots of people, lots of traffic and lots to entertain us. The recently broken foot is swollen as usual at the end of the day so time to put it to bed!
    PS temperature forecast is 36 tomorrow!!!
    Read more

You might also know this place by the following names:

Département de Seine-et-Marne, Departement de Seine-et-Marne, Seine-et-Marne, Sena y Marne

Join us:

FindPenguins for iOS FindPenguins for Android

Sign up now