Here you’ll find travel reports about Pengipian. Discover travel destinations in Indonesia of travelers writing a travel blog on FindPenguins.

28 travelers at this place:

  • Day42

    Back in Bali

    March 19, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Wir hätten nicht gedacht, dass wir bereits 7 Monate nach unseren Ferien auf Bali, wieder hier sind. Da wir spät am Abend landeten, entschieden wir uns für eine Übernachtung in Seminyak und konnten nochmals ein leckeres Frühstück im Corner House geniessen (leider ohne Ramona, Thomas und Markus). 😔🤗
    Nun sind wir unterwegs nach Pemuteran. Seit 3,5 Stunden sitzen wir im Auto und fahren einmal quer durch die Insel. Langweilig wir einem dabei nicht, da es links und rechts viele interessante Sachen zu entdecken gibt. Das reale Leben in Bali halt, welches man an den touristischen Orten wie Kuta oder Seminyak nicht mehr zu sehen bekommt.
    Read more

  • Day23

    Seminyak, Indonesie

    February 10, 2016 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Na de Philipijnen gaat Sab terug naar een bekende plek. Ons favoriete eiland Bali! En nog beter nieuws Chara komt ook. Wat een gezelligheid. Vir gaat naar zijn vrienden in Thailand. Beide dus wat quality time met de eigen sexe.

    De eerste 2 dagen regent het. Het maakt ons een beetje zenuachtig over de rest van de maand. Maar er zit niks anders op dan onzelf te verwennen met massages, eten en pedicures.Read more

  • Day7


    June 23, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌬 26 °C

    Badminton time...nach langer Zeit mal wieder. Und dann mit Indonesiern?!? Ich glaube, einige wachsen mit rackets bereits auf. Aber tapfer geschlagen...ein Einzel gewonnen, einige Doppel gewonnen...aber auch deutlich abgezogen worden. Eine schöne Erfahrung!

  • Day136


    October 17, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 86 °F

    I finally made it to the Southern Hemisphere! And it's true! The toilet water swirls counterclockwise! Lol 😂

    At noon, I was on a rented motorbike heading to Tanah Lot, a temple built on the rocks in the ocean. As I'm typing this [about 2 pm], I'm at a restaurant inside the cliffside complex having an Island of the God's "cocktail" (no alcohol) and lunch. The waves are pounding. Man, it's great to be back to the ocean.

    I arrived around 10 pm last night, so by the time I got situated at the hostel, I was beat. I had to go out, though, because there was an open air bar with a band that was absolutely rockin' the house with Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, etc. Great guitars and tremendous singer. I wasn't there long, but it was memorable....

    Now, here's how small the world is. I'm in Bali, Indonesia, for the first time in my life. I meet an American (Henry) who lives in the Republic of Korea. Turns out, he's in the Air Force. Turns out, he was at Volkel Air Base, the Netherlands in 2010. Turns out, he knows a great friend of mine from Okinawa who was also at Volkel. Holy crap, Batman.

    Oh, here's the food!

    So long [for now] and thanks for all the fish. ✌️🦎

    P.S.: The rooftop pic is from the breakfast area at my hostel! Yay!
    Read more

  • Day3

    Denpasar, Indonesia

    December 15, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    After waking up and feeling no better, we decided to do something productive! A few friends had recommended going to a healer instead of just getting a massage, so I found one online and made a booking. Finally a step in the right direction!

    We went for a mediocre breakfast before Ted went to the gym. Our hotel is in a very good location close to everything, so we were able to walk to the main area to get a taxi. It seems like there's a real war between legitimate taxis and the rideshare apps so, after some aggression, we finally flagged a taxi.

    The place I visited was called Bali Chy Healing and was certainly different from the usual massage places I've visited. The healer explained about holistic healing, asking if I also needed to talk about any problems I might be having in life. Since I didn't have any pain except physical, he decided to work on the sciatica problem.

    The massage was like a deep tissue therapy on the sciatic nerve which, after an hour, I was good enough to walk again. the massage was really painful but I didn't mind. Even though it was more expensive than a standard massage, at least I was able to walk again. I was asked to do a video recommendation for him since it seems to be how they advertise their business here in Bali!

    Ted and I then went to nearby Mama's German restaurant for lunch and later bumped into one of the passengers from our flight, who suggested going out together that night. Once returning to the hotel, we lay by the pool, although our view was ruined by a woman who decided to go topless.

    After a shower and a nap, we had another dinner in the restaurant. Logically we could go into town to eat, but the setting here is so beautiful. We had drinks and music in our room, before heading down to Mixwell. The crowd was really busy and we stayed until there was no room to move. I'm still feeling sore from the massage but at least I can live my life again.
    Read more

  • Day4

    Denpasar, Indonesia

    December 16, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    We didn't get much of a sleep in today, on our final full day in Bali this holiday. Breakfast was great this morning with a lot of options. Ted was still feeling tired so he had a nap whilst we relaxed in our room.

    I'm still in pain from the massage but it is starting to ease. Ted dropped off some laundry before we headed to nearby De Nyuh for some massage therapy. I had a pedicure and foot reflexology massage whilst Ted had just the foot massage.

    We relaxed in our room before heading to nearby La Plancha for sunset drinks. This was a wonderful experience, as the setting and atmosphere were both incredible. We stayed for dinner too, since the view was unrivaled and the cost was surprisingly reasonable.

    Tomorrow we head to Singapore before our cruise, so we packed up our bags for our departure tomorrow.
    Read more

  • Day58


    January 9, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 84 °F

    Unlike the original plan of travelling across land from Yogyakarta, because of me being ill we flew directly into Bali with a new flight.
    We had only 4 days here so knew we wouldn't be up to pushing ourselves so planned a leisurely few days and one day of sightseeing.
    We were very lucky in that my dad has a Marriott timeshare and let us use some of his points so we could have a free stay in a very nice hotel. Oh how it was appreciated. Genuinely the bathroom was the size of our entire room and bathroom in the last dump of a hotel we stayed at! It was amazing to have some western comforts too, including a bed long enough for Phil and sun loungers by the pool.

    We arrived around dinner time and explored the nearby streets which were absolutely full of restaurants, spas, supermarkets and more. Its was not going to be hard to find food options, although maybe too much choice!? Anyway we settled on a cute cafe and each had some Indonesian classics like nasi goreng and chicken satay, pretty delicious. And of course a stop at an obligatory ice cream parlour afterwards. Then we went back and had an amazing nights sleep in that dreamy bed, not waking til 10am.
    The following day we decided to go to the nearby beach (double six beach). The hotel had loungers we could use so we were looking forward to a day relaxing there. Sadly the beach was not what we were expecting. I won't sugarcoat it- the beach was filthy! The sand was grey and as you got closer to the water there was rubbish everywhere washed in from the water, it was shocking. We walked along and rubbish would wash in over your feet along with the waves. It's unbelievable.

    We then saw a digger rising along the sand collecting all the plastic and litter. The scooper was full and we saw it go back and forth. Phil explored going into the water but it was dirty (no white froth, literally brown) we decided it was not hygienic enough. How disappointing and more to the point, harrowing. How sad to see mankind destroying the beauty of our planet with our waste.

    We left the beach for the afternoon and returned to our hotel pool to cool off. Another relaxing evening ahead with finding a lovely restaurant with a very talented live band and that concluded another day. The time just flew here!

    The next day we had a full day tour planned to see some of the sights. It was going to be a long day starting at 8:30am and not getting back til 7pm however we would see a lot.
    Our first stop was the elephant cave, that had an elaborate carved cave entrance and some lovely temples and grounds. We really enjoyed this first stop, a very beautiful place surrounded with jungle.

    Our next stop was the famous holy water temple, Tirta Embul. People travel from all over to bless themselves in the pools and flowing fountains. We happened to go on a Sunday and being a holy day it was packed with people! So we didn't get in ourselves but I did have a little refresh with some water on my face and neck, it was very cooling on such a hot day.
    We drove on to the base of a volcano for lunch. We went to a very good restaurant that has a cracking view of the volcano and the lava stained lands. It's still active but hasn't gone off since 2004. We ate a fabulous indonesian buffet with some of the best local food we've tasted, even the fried rice was delicious. After stuffing our faces and enjoying the view we got caught in an almighty downpour and had to wait it out for awhile before returning to the car, I guess that is what happens when up high.

    Onwards we went to a stop we were really looking forward to, Tengallang terraces and rice paddys. The view is amazing, stretching out in front of you for miles are highly defined rice paddys, layered up in terrace formations so water can flow to all of them.
    We went for a wander round, climbing through the terraces and enjoying the views. At this point the sun was really beating down and we were flagging so could have spent hours there, however on this occasion we just explored some areas.

    Now our driver said we still had time to go to the most famous temple in Bali so we took this chance and drove to the coast to see Tanah Lot. A temple perched on its on island that gets cut off by the tide in the evening. Also a very holy temple to the local people, so much so only Balinese people are allowed to actually go on to the island.

    We wandered down through the crowds a few hours before sunset and got as close as you can the other side of the tide. It did keep its air of mystery being isolated like that so we enjoyed seeing it.

    We arrived back at our hotel pretty knackered at 7pm so had a leisurely dinner and went back to the hotel. Unfortunately Phil had caught too much sun and wasn't feeling too well with some mild sunstroke. This lead to an early night and some more relaxing days by the pool, nice meals and even a massage. It was like a mini holiday within this trip!

    It was not quite the Indonesian experience we had been looking for, but it'll just have to happen next time!

    Read more

  • Day96

    Best Day of my Life!

    May 5, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Nach einem überragenden Frühstück standen wir um 8:30Uhr draußen und haben auf meinen Fahrer gewartet. Doch es kam keiner! Wütend rief ich bei dem Mann an, bei dem ich gebucht hatte und fragte nach. Beim ersten Anruf erklärte er mir, dass sein Freund schon auf dem Weg sei. Beim zweiten wurde die Pick Up Zeit plötzlich um eine Stunde nach hinten geschoben. Diesen Anruf tätigte eine Mitarbeiterin und so rief ich ein drittes Mal an um ihm die Meinung zu sagen. Ich war so sauer und schimpfte auf englisch. Traurigerweise verstand er nur die Hälfte. Also versuchte ich wenigstens den Preis zu drücken und einigte mich dann auf 50.000Rp weniger.
    Zum Glück kam er dann irgendwann und wir fuhren los. während der Fahrt unterhielt ich mich mit ihm, trotz wirklich brüchigem Englisch klappte es. Als er mich nach Roller oder Auto fragte, war er komplett perplex. Mit meiner Wespa und meinem Mini bin ich hier überreich! Beides ist für die Menschen hier ein Vermögen wert und damit meine ich nicht einfach nur teuer!

    Nach einer Stunde kamen wir endlich an der Location an und ich war geflashed! Auf den Fotos sah die Anlage komplett kaputt und dreckig aus. Keine Spur!
    Nachdem ich den Restbetrag gezahlt hatte lief ich den schmalen Weg am Meer entlang zum Restaurant. Dort bekam ich einen Welcome Drink, den ich mit Blick aufs Meer genießen. Neben dem Beach Restaurant befindet sich ein wunderschöner Pool und ich bin vor Freude ausgerastet als ich den ersten Blick auf die Delfine erhaschen konnte. Sie sprangen durchs Wasser und meine Vorfreude steigerte sich immer mehr! Am liebsten würde ich direkt reinspringen!! Endlich mit Delfinen schwimmen! Ich kann es immer noch nicht glauben. Ich sitze hier an der Bar und warte bis es endlich los geht. Dabei kann ich nicht aufhören zu strahlen und wahrscheinlich sehe ich gerade aus wie ein kleines Kind, aber genauso fühle ich mich! Omg! 40 Minuten mit Delfinen in einem Pool! Sogar das Wetter hat sich mit dem strahlend blauen Himmel an meine super gute Laune angepasst!!!!

    Es war einfach nur unglaublich! Nachdem wir umgezogen waren konnten wir den Poolberreich betreten und ich war so aufgeregt.
    Zuerst saßen wir am Beckenrand und die Delfine haben uns quasi mit ihren Nasen die Füße massiert.
    Danach durften wir sie auf den Arm nehmen und streicheln. Ihre Haut ist ganz weich und es war einfach unglaublich so nah an einem Delfin zu sein!
    Irgendwie beruhigend. Als nächstes durften wir nacheinander, manche zu zweit, doch ich alleine, in die Mitte des Pools schwimmen. Zuerst knutschten wir quasi mit ihnen, tanzten eine Runde, bis sie dann sogar über mich drüber sprangen.
    Am coolsten war es aber eine Runde im Pool mit Ihnen zu schwimmen. Dafür schwamm man in die Mitte des Pooles, streckte beide Arme seitlich aus und wartete bis die Beiden kamen, damit man sich an ihrer Finne festhalten konnte. Einfach ein überwältigendes Gefühl mit Ihnen, in einer auf und ab Bewegung durch den Pool zu schwimmen!
    Insgesamt waren wir zwar zu sechst, aber irgendwie bekam ich eine kleine Sonderbehandlung und durfte immer alleine mit den Delfinen interagieren.
    Zum Schluss bekamen wir endlich die Erlaubnis die Schwimmwesten auszuziehen, bekamen noch einmal mehrere Küsschen und durften Ihnen sogar Fische geben. Mit einem Wedeln der Schwanzflosse verabschiedeten sie sich von uns.

    Komplett in Trance holte ich meine Sachen und löste meinen Coupon gegen einen Ananassaft ein, arg viel mehr bekam ich dafür nicht. Als ich all meine Fotos auf einem Stick hatte, natürlich mal wieder nicht billig, suchte ich meinen Fahrer und wir fuhren zurück ins Hotel. Ich kann immer noch nicht realisieren was heute passiert ist. Ich bin einfach überglücklich und kann es nicht fassen, dass mein Traum endlich wahr geworden ist!

    Wieder im Hotel packte ich mein Handy in meine wasserdichte Hülle, steckte meine wasserdichten Kopfhörer rein und hörte mein Nicholas Sparks Hörbuch während ich durch den Pool schwamm. Ehe ich mich versah war auch dieser Tag schon wieder vorbei und uns blieben nur noch zwei Tage übrig.
    Read more

You might also know this place by the following names:


Join us:

FindPenguins for iOS FindPenguins for Android

Sign up now