Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Shopping & Relaxing in LA

    July 16, 1992 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Made no plans for doing anything except shop. Nicole still had money to spend on clothes. We stopped again at Carl's Jr and the old lady remembered us. We then found our way to Brea where we let our heads go in Egghead Software then Tower Records. Pete was unbelieving at the $2.99 on lots of classical CDs. We left both these shops several hundred dollars poorer, then found our way to Brea Mall where we parted with more dollars - clothes, perfume etc.

    We started to get peckish so found our way to the general eating area where everyone decided what they wanted from the vast array. I had a baked potato with crab, broccoli and cheese and found it rather filling. Then we proceeded to try and find a t-shirt factory which Pete had seen advertised on a billboard. However, we didn't know where the place or the billboard were, so we drove round for about 45 minutes looking for it.

    We actually found it and it was within walking distance of our hotel. We spent quite some time there as you could get 5 t-shirts for $1. Another job for Mastercard. Time to go home.

    We unpacked our wares and Joel & Sean were anxious for a dip. Nicole still not really in a suitable state for bathing so she just watched television. After sorting through all the the stuff I picked up a coffee and joined the boys at the poolside with my book. The light began to fade and the kids also jumped in the spa. I was finally persuaded to have a dip and Pete went looking for a takeaway pizza which we shared on his return.
    Read more