Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 60

    Day 60: Beach Day

    August 14, 2016 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Another beach day, spent doing very little! We hit the beach quite early (around 10am), and stayed there chilling out and swimming for a few hours. Unfortunately it was low tide so there wasn't a whole lot of space for swimming, more just floating and paddling in shin-deep water. We were at the other beach this time, the larger beach in another cove to our north this time (and a slightly further walk).

    Early afternoon we retreated from the heat of the day to the hotel pool and the restaurant for lunch where again the food was good. Spent a couple of hours relaxing in the hammock on our balcony before heading to the sunset bar at yesterday's beach. It's a pretty amazing spot, out on a rocky point jutting into the sea. The structure is just bamboo and palm fronds on a base of concrete and rocks; the waves smash into the rocks and periodically shower the platform with spray. We had a few drinks and watched a group of girls stand at the end of the platform and get continually drenched, while others in their group took dramatic photos.

    No sunset unfortunately as a huge thunderstorm was drifting in (it passed well south but not without lighting up the sky constantly), but still a great environment to finish off the day. We ended up staying for dinner and more drinks before stumbling home in the dark. Easily our most expensive bill since we arrived in Thailand - 1100 baht all up for 4 rounds of drinks, 2 meals and some potato wedges! Read for a bit and I watched some of the Man United game before going to bed.
    Read more