Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 176

    Day 175: Free Day in Yangon

    December 8, 2016 in Myanmar ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Last full day in Myanmar. We basically had no plans for the day, other than potentially meeting up with someone I vaguely knew online in the evening. We basically spent most of the day bumming around in the hotel room, though around lunchtime we headed out to a large marketplace a couple of blocks from the hotel. It's called Scott Markets and has been a mainstay of Yangon shopping since the colonial era, but unfortunately it wasn't that interesting. Prices were generally a bit higher than what we'd seen elsewhere in Myanmar, and a lot of the tourist stores were just selling the same stuff.

    So back to the hotel, where we just hung around for the rest of the day. Did some internet stuff and caught up on various things. Would've been nice to have a final thing to do in town, but alas.

    My friend got caught up in work so we didn't end up meeting him, though we did venture out in the evening to the same Shan noodle place we'd been to a few weeks earlier. They didn't remember us, but they get a lot of white faces in there so I'm not surprised! Early to bed as we've got a typically early start tomorrow for the trip back to KL.
    Read more