Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Day 54: South to Segovia

    April 10, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Fairly quiet one today, as we didn't actually have much planned. Packed up everything and left our apartment in Burgos, briefly visiting a viewpoint over the city before heading off. First up was a two hour drive to the south-west, where we were heading for the town of Segovia - UNESCO World Heritage listed, of course.

    But we were staying a little out of town, in a rural hotel in a small hamlet about 10 minutes away. So we arrived at our hotel after a 2 hour drive with a McDonalds lunch, just in time for the 2pm check-in. Our room was available so we decided to just relax for the afternoon - we had two days here so it made sense to relax rather than rushing off to do more sight-seeing.

    We ended up spending most of the afternoon in the hotel's bar area, working on various things and having a couple of drinks. Headed out for dinner around 9pm well and truly on Spanish time, though the hotel restaurant was fairly pricey, neither of us were that hungry, and only one of the three village restaurants were open. It was a Monday of course!

    Eventually we settled for the open place and ordered a couple of tapas dishes - patatas bravas and garlic prawns. Felt a little amusing since we were accompanied by everyone else from the hotel as well! Back to bed to do a little more work before turning in.
    Read more