Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 86

    Day 86: Recovery

    May 12, 2017 in England ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    After our late night last night, we decided against doing anything much today! Spent most of the morning sleeping in, relaxing and doing some Skyping, and then did a bit of work in the afternoon. I headed out later in the day to the Apple Store, as I wanted to finally get my iPhone's camera lens fixed after dropping it way back in Caceres in early March. The cracks were getting slightly worse, and having a bigger impact on the filming I was trying to do, so I went to the Apple Store to check out my options.

    Unfortunately, the only option was a replacement, since the waterproofing on iPhone 7 means the camera glass cover is part of the entire phone body - you can't replace them separately. And since it was accidental damage it's out-of-warranty, so 300 pounds. Ouch.

    Back home where we spent a bit more time relaxing, then headed out to a local Indian restaurant for dinner. Had a couple of great curries - again very impressed with the inventiveness on display! Last night in our little flat which is a bit sad, but looking forward to getting out of London on Sunday and starting our road-trip.
    Read more