Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 315

    Day 316: Nuremberg to Munich

    December 27, 2017 in Germany ⋅ ❄️ 1 °C

    Finally time to leave! Headed out early since we had a follow-up appointment at the vet for Schnitzel. This time he got his rabies shot and yearly vaccinations, so we were glad to at least get that ticked off. He's getting better, still obviously uncomfortable but every day we can see some improvement.

    Back home to check out, and then to the train station where our direct train to Nuremberg was already waiting. It seems to be a popular route, because the train last week going the other direction was quite full, and today's train was packed. So full in fact, that we had to sit in completely separate carriages! It still surprises me that people still leave their bags on seats when the train is packed full, but I guess that's not an exclusively German trait by any means. I had to ask someone to move their bag so I could sit down, and then enjoyed my small bag on my lap for the 2.5 hours south to Munich. Was a bit interesting when the ticket inspector came by, explaining to him that my wife had the tickets and she was in the next carriage!

    But he believed me, and all was OK. Arrived in Munich with no further issues, then got the underground a few stops out to where our hotel is. We'd booked a hotel for Munich, since the Airbnbs seemed very overpriced and this place had a good deal. We'd paid a little extra for a larger room with a kitchenette, but on checking in there was no kitchenette! The room was very large, but with a lot of wasted space (just empty corners with no furniture). Called reception and managed to get moved to a different room, this time with a kitchen, though it was a slight downgrade and with not as much space. Still probably above average size for hotel rooms we've stayed in, and will definitely be comfortable enough.

    Shandos went out to the shops and stocked up for the next few days, though we were already feeling slightly "loose end"-ish since our planned 7-8 days of relaxing had suddenly become 14 days! Stayed in for the rest of the day, as we're out in the suburbs slightly and it's a bit of a walk to anywhere else.
    Read more