Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 327

    Day 328: Back to Milan

    January 8, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    Very early start this morning, up and out by 8:15am, heading north on the freeway back to Bologna. We needed to return the car by 10am which we achieved fairly comfortably, then grabbed a bus into the city. Our train north to Milan was at 11:30, so we sat around in a cafe for a bit and then jumped on board.

    Train was fairly full, and an older clunky one as they tend to be here. So no desk for using my laptop which was a bit annoying! Journey north to Milan took about three hours and passed fairly uneventfully though Schnitzel again took quite a while to settle down.

    Few stops on the subway to the west and our hotel, where we checked in and stayed for the afternoon. We'd seen most of what we wanted to see in Milan last September, so neither of us particularly felt like going out and exploring.

    Went out for dinner in the evening to a cool little eat street about 20 minutes walk away. We'd picked out a burger restaurant that had great online reviews, but they were having unspecified problems with the kitchen (I'd guess either power or gas was out), so we went to a different burger place nearby instead!
    Read more