Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 534

    Day 535: Re-Visiting Cesky Krumlov

    August 3, 2018 in Czech Republic ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    Time to re-explore Cesky Krumlov, one of Czech Republic's prettiest villages! We had visited here before, back in 2014, but it was about -5 and snowing back then. Today it was closer to 35 and blazing sunshine - and packed with tourists of course.

    We decided to get a head start on both the tourists and the heat, so we headed out around 8am into the city. It was fairly nice and quiet, and we wandered around rekindling various memories and seeing stuff that we'd seen last time. We'd hoped to go inside the castle since it was closed in winter, but of course no dogs were allowed inside and it was a bit expensive anyway. So we decided to skip. At least this time we got to see the bear in the moat, last time he was hibernating!

    After a long morning of wandering we headed over to a brewery for lunch, which I think last time we weren't able to find (or it might've been closed). Had a couple of beers and a big lunch, then walked back through the old town and home. It's such a nice little town, though very tourist heavy these days - lots of groups following flags which I think tends to make things a bit worse. Oh well - can't really complain when I'm part of the problem.

    Back home where we relaxed and worked for the rest of the day, or as much as possible anyway when it was so bloody hot and we were completely fanless!
    Read more