Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 576

    Day 577: Ferry to Mykonos

    September 14, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Another super early start, getting up at 6am. Hurried down to the port by 6:30am, well in time for our 7:30 sailing. Ferry was quite large, plenty of people on board but not sold out I don't think. Managed to find some seats near the cafe, sharing with a couple of other people. Spent the five hours of sailing time listening to podcasts and the occasional wander around the ship. Bought an expensive coffee from the cafe and regretted it almost immediately because it was overpriced dishwater!

    Docked in Mykonos around 12:30pm, and walked around the bay to our hotel. We're staying just near the new port which is a fair way from the town, but we've got a nice little spot here. Our room is great, with a big balcony overlooking the clear blue water and prime position for sunsets.

    Dropped our bags off and went up the street to a taverna for a late lunch. Food was great, but the prices are very high - probably the most expensive meal we've eaten since Norway! I had a moussaka while Shandos had an enormous salad. Picked up some supplies at the convenience store/supermarket and headed home to relax for the afternoon. Briefly considered going into the town but will save that for another day - we've got plenty of time here!
    Read more