Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 581

    Day 582: Ferry to Santorini

    September 19, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Checked out of our hotel, but our ferry wasn't until 2pm so we spent most of the morning just chilling out and stuffing around. Boarded with no issues and found decent seats.

    First half of ferry trip was quite rough with bouncy seas, as it had been extremely windy for the last couple of days - thankfully the boats were still running but I think it takes a lot to make them stop!

    Stopped at Paros and then Naxos where the boat paused for close to an hour. Eventually we all had to hop off and board a different boat - no real idea why! At least after Paros the weather improved and it was literally smooth sailing.

    But the delays meant we arrived two hours late - 7pm instead of 5pm, and by the time we'd found our transport it was completely dark. First he typed the wrong address and tried to leave us in a totally random place, but we got there in the end. Quite a nice hotel, though the wifi is very poor. At least here we're five minutes walk from the beach, and we have a hotel swimming pool too so that should be handy.

    A few shops and cafes along the beachfront too which was nice, since our place in Mykonos had been quite isolated from any food options (we'd cooked spaghetti most nights!). So I walked over and got us some gyros for dinner before crashing in bed.
    Read more