BeloradoJuly 1 in Spain
So...I had my dad on my mind today as it has been a year since he died. He really enjoyed hearing about our hiking adventures and seeing our pictures, plus he thought our plan to hike across Spain was pretty cool. To honor him, I have brought some of his ashes with me and thought when the time was right, I would let him go.
Later on on this trek we will get to a place called Cruz de Ferro (Iron Cross). It is a cross on the Camino de Santiago where the tradition is to throw a stone, brought from the place of origin of the pilgrim, with his or her back to symbolize their journey. I have brought a rock from home to leave there, but maybe I’ll let dad go there, too...if I’m ready to let him go. We’ll see.
Highlights from today’s walk:
1. It wasn’t too hot ☀️
2. Beautiful rolling hills of wheat
3. You can buy mini shampoo from a vending machine 😂
4. Watching Spain vs Russia soccer match with the local people
5. Hiking 10 miles by 10 am again
6. Our albergue- it is a great place. Yummy food and even a pool
6. Alan and I miraculously having a room to ourselves- yay!
7. The group of people we are with. 🙂
8. Being able to FaceTime mom ❤️
We have 15 miles to do tomorrow and then about 17 the next day going into Burgos where we have made a reservation at a hotel...and we’re excited for that!Read more