Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Reaching the Finish Line of Day 16

    July 10, 2018 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Well it has certainly been a jam packed first full day in Berlin, it feels like we have run a marathon! Folke has been an excellent guide and has given us a lovely overview of Berlin and from my earlier instalments you can see how much we saw and did and we walked a lot!

    After the Olympic Stadium we caught the train back to the city and walked around Museumsinsel (museum island) to get an overview on the options available for the coming days. It was a lovely evening to be exploring the area with many people out and about having dinner outside, which is normally what I would prefer but because in Germany you can smoke outside in restaurants it makes it an unpleasant experience. We are so fortunate in Australia to have smoke free restaurants and cafés. It was also the World Cup and the game was between France and Belgium and so there were many people in bars crowded around TV’s watching the match.

    We had dinner at a lovely German restaurant called 1840 where Ian had German Meatballs, Angus and Folke had Roast Chicken and I had Pork Schnitzel - everything was delicious. We then had a bit of a stroll through Hackescher Markt through some of the lovely streets before catching the train and tram home for a rest as tomorrow Folke has another big day planned with a fairly early start.
    Read more